Note: You can propose changes using the forum below.
Create a funding thermometer graphic on each project page. The thermometer should show how close the project is to reaching its "goal" funding.
Here's a page with an example thermometer graphic: http://www.entropyfarm.org/software/thermo/
Each registered member on the site should be allowed to vote on the goal amount. The vote should work as follows:
1. There's an initial goal amount as specified by the project creator.
2. Each member can indicate whether they think the goal is "too low" or "too high".
3. If a person selects "too low", then the goal is multiplied by 1+I. If they select "too high", then the goal is divided by 1+I.
4. I = 18% * exp(-kn) +2% where I is the influence factor, k is a stabilizing parameter and n is the number of votes. The value of k should be 0.02.)
5. Members are allowed to vote multiple times, but only in alternating directions. For example, Joe could vote "too low", then later he could vote "too high". But he can't vote "too low" twice in a row.
Suggestions for improvements to this voting approach are welcome. Please propose them using the discussion forum below. (Make sure to check "Propose a Change" and provide your edits.)
The deliverable for this project must be a patch (created using diff -urN) against the latest release of fossfactory-src, whatever it may be at the time. The latest release can always be found here: http://www.fossfactory.org/get-source.php
A few relevant FOSS Factory coding standards:
- 4-space indentation, with tabs expanded as whitespace.
- All database operations must be encapsulated in db.php
- Database schema changes and other one-time database modifications must be added to the end of the file schema/structure, one query per line, and terminated by a version number update in the usual format. funding goal calc.ods
funding goal calc.ods [download] [view]