Note: You can propose changes using the forum below.
The Checkmail plugin for the open source ResourceSpace digital asset management web application expands its capacities with support for the emailing of resources. This is more than a matter of great convenience; it also allows iOS devices and other platforms the ability to contribute digital assets to the system. The plugin is very robust, with advanced configuration options and the ability to handle a wide range of email types.
* With the Checkmail plugin, ResourceSpace can receive resources as file attachments from any email account with IMAP support
* Limit access to specified email addresses, coupled with sanctified ResourceSpace user accounts
* Multiple attachments are grouped into a collection
* Makes it easy to take pictures with your phone and upload to ResourceSpace using existing standards -- no special "apps"
* Configure the Subject and Body of the email to be inserted as custom metadata into specific metadata fields
* Confirmation emails notify you that your attachments have been uploaded
* Delete the emails after receiving them, or leave them on the account for record-keeping or reprocessing
* Accepts both HTML and plain text emails
* Accepts all variations of MIME parts and character sets
* Accepts regular and inline attachments
* Emails are uploaded to a default status and access, so it supports a review process
* Resource types designated by file extension automatically